Travel Soccer Tryouts are held twice a year, approximately in May/June for the Fall Season and Jan/February for the Spring Season.
- Tryouts for the Spring Season are held at the Premier Sports Complex in Winsted CT.
- Tryouts for the Fall Season are held at Browns Corner Recreation in New Hartford CT.
- Information regarding exact date and times of the tryouts are posted on our home page.
- All players, recreational, travel and premier can tryout for the travel team.
- Players from New Hartford, Barkhamsted, Colebrook, Norfolk can attend tryouts. We can also accept children from Hartland, although we are restricted to no more than 2 players per team.
- We can also take players from towns outside the towns we serve but only if your town does not have an existing team of your child's age group. Your town would have to "release" you to play in our town if they have a team of your child's age group. We are restricted to 2 players from these towns as well.
- Check your child's soccer age in the Travel Team Age Requirements section to determine which team they are eligible for.
Travel Soccer Practice Schedules and Locations:
All teams practice 1-2 times per week. Time and days of the week are determined by the coach. Typically practices are held 5 pm or later for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Locations for practices: One practice per week is held at Browns Corner Recreation in New Hartford CT. Additional practices are held either at New Hartford Elementary, Barkhamsted Elementary School, Brodie Park North, or Norfolk/Botelle Elementary. *New for 2017--one practice per week will be instructed by our Challenger Sports Soccer Trainer alongside our team's coach.
Players must arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of practice appropriately dressed for practice (shorts/T-shirt/cleats/shin guards/socks), with a ball and with ample water.
Each season has 8 games. 4 games are played at "home" at Browns Corner Recreation and 4 games are played within the northwest district. Drive times can vary from 15 minutes to at the most approximately 1 hour 15 minutes at the longest. Most fields are a 40 minute drive.
Parents are responsible for purchase of uniforms at time of season registration. Approximate cost of $50-$80. Uniform "kits" include (1) jersey, (1) shorts, and (1) socks. An additional "away" jersey is purchase separately depending on coach preference. Uniforms do not always need to be purchased every season. Replacement uniforms are dependent on if your child has grown out of his/her uniform or if it becomes damaged.